Law Enforcement and Public Service Leadership and Management Online Training
Law Enforcement Management Sub-Course:
Welcome to TLI’s Law Enforcement Training. Because law enforcement has special leadership and management requirements, we have designed this sub-course training specifically to meet their needs. We offer both management sub-course and diversity courses built with the elevated standards and challenging requirements of public service in mind. Both our law enforcement management training sub course and diversity course is used in agencies across the the country and have received rave reviews. The Law Enforcement management sub-course course along with the parent GSC Leadership course meets the below requirements for advancement to middle management as set forth by the State of Oregon. Also available with this course is TLI’s in-depth personality and communication style course (CSP), that breaks interpersonal communication down so that law enforcement officers can learn to speak in a manner that disarms and is extremely effective when communicating with others.
There are three potential components to this law enforcement body of knowledge. Each course consists of interactive video accompanied by a powerful workbook containing immersion activities to ensure assimilation of the skills. Each course also has assessments for each learning area to ensure knowledge assimilation. All assessments require a score of 90% or higher to advance to the next learning area. To maximize learning and skills potential the most effective and complete learning experience is experiencing all three course components:
- Goals, Structure, Culture (GSC) Leadership Course (required for leadership certification)
- Law Enforcement and Public Service (LE) Management sub-course (required or leadership certification)
- Communication Success Plan (CSP) (optional)
Completion of the course provides a TLI certification and 120 hour training certificate.
Diversity course (DIV):
The TLI Diversity course is presented with a focus on the challenges that law enforcement and public service officers face. It focuses on how being able to understand the behaviors and likely behaviors of others based on situational factors. The course provides unique insight into the development of individual belief systems and personalities. The course provides the skills allowing aa officer to deduce the likely actions and reactions of people based on reading visual and spoken ques. The officer then can formulate the best approach to get the response they seek avoiding negative reactions. This diversity course was developed for, delivered to and accredited by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Academy.
Designed to meet these official course requirements:
Who will benefit
All individuals currently performing in a Law Enforcement or Public Service leadership role as well as aspiring managers and supervisors.
What’s included in the program
Online immersion course consisting of video, audio, and written immersion materials with assessments and minimum passing score requirements.
This course will provide the participant with the proven skills, abilities and behaviors that enable a leader to succeed in any law enforcement workplace environment and with the personnel they have. It is uniquely focused on ethical relationship creating and eliciting performance through skills and common interests rather than authority and discipline. Consequently, GSC leadership and this sub-course provides excellent results to men and women, new leader or seasoned manager alike.
After this training you will be able to:
- Successfully and easily lead former friends
- Balance your time between employees and new responsibilities
- Provide accurate direction and delegation
- Create inspiration and goal focus
- Plan and organize task and project achievement
- Communicate to inform, educate and inspire, not offend
This law enforcement and public service management and operations training is designed to meet Official law enforcement leadership and operations requirements for advancement to mid-level and above leadership positions. It enables Law Enforcement leaders to perform in a manner where they easily earn public trust, build high performing organizations, as well as, effectively create and manage operational requirements, i.e., Cost benefit analysis, hiring, interviewing, managing public funds, etc.
Objectives – key skills I will learn
- Powerful penetrating self-analysis activities to identify & improve your level of performance
- Identify and discover employee goals and motivations (techniques to attach their goals to company goals to enhance performance; ‘buy in’)
- Mapping employee development path and activities (individual performance improvements, skills, outlook/attitude)
- Coach and mentor employees through dynamic development (Discipline is ineffective. GSC develops strengths, turns weaknesses into strengths AND keeps employees accountable for THEIR actions
- Self-mastery of emotions and behaviors- direct your emotions control negative reactions to generate the results you want
- Self-discipline: ability to inspire and sustain your own energy to achieve your goals (even when you don’t want to! #1 killer for performance)
- Communication Style Identification: recognize and adjust to each individual’s needs and belief systems
- Do’s and Don’ts wordsmithing for effective results
- 7 Steps to positive coaching process
- 9 Fundamental master leader skills
- Holistic decision and problem solving success formulas
- Create a powerful work environment and culture (atmosphere of confidence, comfort, success, and flexibility)
- On-boarding for assimilation and success (expertly hiring, training, the right people for the right job)
- Delegation Skills: 4 step process to streamline performance, motivation and results
- Recognition Process: motivates individuals, desires and teamwork that generates behaviors and self-inspired performance in others
- Leadership and communication techniques that prevent the generation of conflict
- Fundamentals of harmonious leadership
- Techniques of effective leaders
- How to easily and effectively embrace and prosper through change
- Do’s and Don’ts of leadership
- Mastering individual development and coaching
- Choosing the right people and supporting their needs
- The Nine absolute fundamental skills of the effective leader
- Decision making for positive outcomes
- Choosing your path to leadership success
- Designing and implementing individual development plans
- Delegation as a development tool
- Building team trust, loyalty and committment
- Handling the “difficult person” with ease and positive results